The most active clients are already on the Internet and cannot imagine life without it. While netizens buy from competitors, you do business the old-fashioned way. If you have not yet thought about digitalization or transformation into an online environment, it is worth considering all the benefits of this solution.
Digitalization - what is it?
For business owners, going online means dozens of useful services allowing to set up automatic sales, the ability to manage and control development processes of the company, simplify accounting, optimize personnel maintenance, including a great opportunity to improve brand reputation and increase customer loyalty. For potential buyers, digitalization is a quick way to get acquainted with a company and its products, convenience of shopping.
An offline business is not able to work with the target audience seemingly in the same way, providing full feedback, studying demand, and adjusting to customer expectations. Digitalization is a convenience and benefit for both parties.
Peculiarities of digital transformation
Process of digitalization just for the process sake is a waste of money and time. It is not worth chasing trends if your industry does not fully accept all the benefits of the digital age: there will be a big error with the opposite effect. The efforts will fail in case you:
- make a website that does not have the information the user needs;
- use a complicated shopping algorithm on your website;
- there is no engaging and interesting content in corporate social networks;
- do not communicate with your customer and do not respond to their inquiries;
- do not attract traffic and do not delve into the promotion actions (as advertising or SEO).
At first launching a business on the Internet requires minimal costs, for example, opening an online store can be made for free. But for more effective work, there is a need for a full-fledged digitalization of the organization. It includes collecting information and working with the audience, connecting all types of advertising (targeted, contextual, banner, etc.), organizing consulting assistance and delivery, building a sales funnel, ensuring the convenience of payments, building an understandable UX in terms of easy interaction with the site, etc.
Goals for business online
The essence of digitalization is not punctuated activities just because it is “fashionable” or “everyone does it”. This is a complete transformation in which the entire company is involved. There are search and implementation of new opportunities based on in-depth analysis and strategic planning. An example of the right goals when launching a business on the Internet:
- product / service improvement (new services, new and related products / services);
- marketing optimization (organizing supplies, introducing sales channels, increasing ROI);
- improving customer service (communication, feedback, upsales);
- automation of logistics;
- digital transformation of management.
Over time, the new-built business systems of the company will stop slipping and work as a single balanced unit.
Modern business without the Internet: reality?
With the world having been “digitized”, all business processes have accelerated, and it has become easier and faster for customers to make purchases and use offered services. They do not intend to refuse these advantages, as the online business:
- works “around the clock”, and is not tied to the work schedule;
- allows to avoid physical contact between the seller and the buyer (especially important factor during quarantine);
- does not require personal presence when making transactions;
- is maximally simplified and automated.
These are just a few of the benefits of external relationships between companies and customers. But there are a lot of internal advantages: optimization of business processes and personnel, ease of control, decrease in document circulation, speed of communication, organization of a remote office. In a highly competitive market environment, any offline business is guaranteed to lose if it neglects the introduction of digital technologies.